Monday 5 January 2015

Top 5 of 2014 - Music

Like I already said about 10 times before, I am a music person. And therefore, I am of course sharing my favourite 2014 albums with you. 

First of all, I Forget Where We Were. I think I've said enough when I name it to be the current soundtrack of my life.

And of course I also have to put Every Kingdom in here, as well as all of his EPs and unreleased songs, this is just what I listened to most and what I will always connect with this year. 



 Then another older album I really fell in love with recently - If You Leave by Daughter. This is probably the saddest and most depressive album I've ever heard, but as I love sad and depressing music I of course was bound to love it. Elena's voice is so, i don't know, clear and gloomy and melancholic and the lyrics are just touching and so true. Smother and Still are my favourite tracks right now. 


I remember the day Ultraviolence was released. I was ill, at home in my bed, so I downloaded the album to my mobile phone and listened to it about four times in a row. Then I decided to order it on vinyl.
 I love Lana, I love her deep, husky voice and her, I don't know, beautiful sadness. Ultraviolence comforts me somehow and makes me so calm. Sad, but calm. And she's so beautiful. 


And last, another old one I had on repeat this year: Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago. This is just flawless. Re:Stacks is my best companion for writing letters in the candlelight after midnight, and it's great company, for sure.


Of course this is not everything. Just to name a few other musical loves of the past 12 months - Damien Rice, Hozier, Coldplay, Birdy, Josh Rouse, Jacko Hooper, Charlie Simpson - there's too much great music in the world to ever be finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment